HealthHIE Georgia: Privacy, Cyber, EHR Law Webinar 051716
HomeTown Health and HealtHIE Georgia invite you to join a Health IT Lunch-N-Learn webinar presented by Michele Madison, Partner in the Healthcare Practice of Morris, Manning, and Martin. Michele will address data privacy and security laws for hospitals and practices, best practices for avoiding data security risks, social media policies, text messaging and patient data, security risk assessments, OCR audits, and more.
Learning Outcomes - Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Implement compliance requirements, including HIPAA and HITEC.
- Relate managing risks associated with an HIE.
- Define need for Certified EHR Technology.
- Describe managing business associate relationships and contract.
- Describe current penalties both state and federal level.
- Define roles of HIT Directors, Executive Board Members, Risk Manager and staff to reduce risk related to security breaches.
- Describe Social Media Agreement Policies for Patients.
- Describe Use of Text Messaging for Patient Data.
- Determine risk assessment of mobile devices.
Learning Outcome Conditions: In order to obtain your Completion Certificate and 0.1 CEU/1 credit hour for this webinar, you will be required to:
- Listen to webinar in its entirety (live webinar or online course recording; access sent to all webinar registrants in follow up email).
- Complete online course follow up within 30 days.
- Pass webinar assessment with a 80% or better.
- Complete Webinar Evaluation.
For more information regarding this course, please contact Sherri Ackerman at [email protected]
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements