COMP: Drug Free Workplace [0.1 CEU]
The healthcare industry is not immune to workplace substance abuse. Healthcare workers who abuse alcohol and other drugs threaten the safety and well being of not only themselves, but their co-workers and patients. Your hospital is committed to protecting the safety, health and well being of its employees and patients and recognizes that abuse of alcohol and other drugs compromises this dedication. By keeping the workplace free of substance abuse, your hospital ensures the health of staff and patients and high-quality services in which patients can place their trust.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply hospital policy regarding the Drug-Free Workplace program
- Identify the prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse and its impact on the workplace
- Distinguish between poor performance and/or alcohol and drug abuse
- Recognize the progression of the disease of addiction
- Identify the types of available assistance
In order to receive your completion certificate and 0.1 CEU/1 credit hour for this course, you must score at least 80% on the training assessment and complete the course evaluation. We appreciate any comments you may have to help us improve your online learning experience.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this course, please contact Kristy Thomson, Director of Education, email@example.com.
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements